The right course of antibiotic therapy means that the antibiotic is chosen correctly and no pills are left in the pack after the treatment is completed. So with antibiotics it is very important to finish the treatment even if the positive result is observed in the first days of taking pills.
Levofloxacin antibiotic should also be used the full course without discontinuation. The reason to stop the treatment can be the risk for health produced by this particular medicine.
One package of Levofloxacin typically contains the right amount for one course of this antibiotic. Still in some cases your doctor may prescribe you taking this drug for a longer period of time.
To Levofloxacin refers the following:
• Tablet form should not be broken into smaller pieces or crashed or chewed. It may prevent the medication from working properly.
• Antibiotic Levofloxacin should be taken with water. Taking it together with fruit juices, dairy products or alcohol can affect the general well-being. Grapefruit juice and dietary supplements which contain minerals can make Levofloxacin less effective.
• Levofloxacin can be used with food. Sometimes people cannot use this antibiotic alone as it irritates the stomach and produces very unpleasant feelings of pain and discomfort. So they can use Levofloxacin with foods to prevent the irritation.
• Levofloxacin tablet must be used regularly, it is better to take it at the same time of day with or without meals.
• Levofloxacin oral solution must be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
• The antibiotic Levofloxacin should not be mixed with other antibiotics or drugs unless your doctor recommends you.
You can ask your doctor about buy Levofloxacin and its peculiarities. You can also find detailed information on the use of Levofloxacin in the package insert.
This antibiotic has a potential of risk to cause swelling and even rupture of a tendon (flexible but inelastic cord of strong fibrous collagen tissue attaching a muscle to a bone). The tendons of the heels are more prone to this risk.
The risk of rupture exists even after the treatment is stopped. So, people with tendon or tissue problems, people over 60 years of age or those who take steroids should inform their doctors before buy Levofloxacin.